Jamie Keech sits down with Mike Konnert CEO of Vizsla Resources to learn more about the Copala-Panuco silver district in Sinaloa, Mexico.
Doug Silver is a portfolio manager at Orion Resource Partners, an alternative investment management firm with $6 billion in assets under managements. Before Doug’s role at Orion, he built and sold two royalty companies. One of them, International Royalty Corporation (IRC), he sold to Royal Gold for $745 million. Doug is a member of the mining hall of fame as a result of the many successes that he has had throughout his career.
In this conversation we discuss:
- Doug’s interesting path from zoology to geology and his family’s meteorite crater.
- Bridging the gap from a technical background to finance.
- What was behind Doug’s infamous geological database.
- How IRC started, and what the royalty space looks like today.
- What prompted the sale of IRC?
- What role does Private Equity play in mine finance today and the challenges ahead.
It is not every day that you get to sit down with someone like Doug. I hope you enjoy our conversation as much as I did.
Jamie Keech travels to the town of Oatman Arizona and the Moss gold mine. After hearing about Wyatt Earp’s adventures and the undiscovered motherload from “Gunfighter Mike”, Jamie heads to the Moss mine to investigate missing gold production and how the team at Northern Vertex has solved the problem, unlocking the river of gold…
There are rare opportunities to find seriously undervalued assets.
Jamie recently took off for Arizona to explore a little known gold mine that could be on the cusp of unlocking huge value for investors.